- 200g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 300g jar of roasted peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ red chilli chopped
- 100ml fresh cream
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Line a greased 20.5cm x 2.5cm loose bottomed tin with the pastry. Bake blind for 20 mins until pale and golden.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft, without browning.
- Put the onion, garlic, peppers, chilli, egg and cream in blender and blitz until smooth.
- Season. Pour into the flan case and cook for 30 min until firm to the touch.
- Serve with mixed leaf salad.