After weeks and months of preparation and planning, we are finally here….our Christmas Pop-Up Shop is happening, and we are super excited about what we have in store for you!
You may have already noticed our social media posts in the approach to our event and this year our Christmas Pop-up Shop is taking place on Friday the 30th Nov, 9am – 7pm and Saturday 1st Dec, 9am – 5pm.
We have lots of exciting new gifts and treats that we have worked really hard to source for you, ensuring that we can offer locally crafted items, as well as those that are environmentally and sustainability-focused.
We will have everything from delicious chutneys and jams to natural soaps and beauty care products and guarantee that we will have something to suit everyone’s tastes and budgets.
We have lots lined up for the whole family and will welcome photographers Eoin McConnell and Neil James, each offering mini family photo sessions, Braemar Ice-cream and The Meat Box who will be on site offering some tasty bites when you are here.
We will also have the lovely and very talented Paula McIntyre, family friend and local celebrity chef, who will be joining us on Saturday 30th November at 2pm for a cookery demonstration, this is the only part of our event where we will ask attendees for a donation, with all proceeds going directly to our local charity, Limavady Initiative for the Prevention of Suicide (LIPS).
We would love to welcome you, your family and your friends to join us for a hot drink and a mince pie and some good old festive family fun!
(and if you can’t come along, you can always check out our Amazon shop for our full range of oils and gift sets!)
BUT, our monthly blog just wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have a little recipe to share with you, and again, we have a super quick and tasty option for you to share with your family this Christmas.
Puff Pastry Citrus Christmas Swirls:
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
2 tbsp lemon infused rapeseed oil
1 jar of good quality mincemeat
1 apple (grated)
Zest and half the juice of 1 clementine (or small orange)
2-4 tbsp of finely chopped mixed nuts (optional)
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°f / gas mark 4
- Put the mincemeat into a bowl with 1 tbsp of lemon infused oil, grated apple, zest and squeeze the juice from the clementine and add approx half (to taste), you can also add 2-3 tbsp of the chopped mixed nuts (optional).
- Roll out your puff pastry into a rectangle. Thinly spread out the mincemeat mixture leaving a 1cm gap along the edge. Tightly roll up lengthways, like a swiss roll, place it on a floured baking tray and pop into the fridge to allow it to firm up for approx 15 mins.
- Take back out of the fridge and brush the top with 1tbsp of lemon infused oil and sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts (if using) over the top. Cut into small slices (this will be down to your own judgement but you should get anywhere from 12 pieces upwards).
- Dust with icing sugar then place into the oven for approx 25-30 mins or until puffed, golden and cooked in the middle.
- Leave to cool, then dust with a little more icing sugar just before serving with some delicious brandy butter or flavoured cream (my favourite is Bailey’s cream!)