Visit our Farm and Pressing area
We look forward to welcoming you to our farm. If you wish to book a tour, please ensure that you contact us before arriving. This is a working farm and at some stages we will not be able to open to public due to farm safety.
Normal Visiting Hours:
- Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm (other times we are in production and it may not suit to visit. Please arrange your tour by contacting us via email or 07912076607 before arriving)
- Saturday & Sunday - Closed (Unless tour previously arranged) Click here to contact us.
Visit our Economusee & Food Trail
In 2012 we opened our pressing room as part of a new and exciting tourism trail in Northern Ireland. This initiative is known as ÉCONOMUSÉE, or working museum and was founded in Québec in Canada. Each ÉCONOMUSÉE offers a unique visitor experience, inviting tourists to watch artisans at work, learn about the history of their craft and the heritage of the traditional skills. We join five other Économusée artisans along or close to the Causeway Coastal Route; Broughgammon Farm and Ursa Minor Bakehouse in Ballycastle, Scullion Hurls in Loughguile, Steensons Jewellers in Glenarm and Hillstown Brewery in Ahoghill.
As we are a working farm, and depending on the time of year you visit, you may also see some of the fields being worked while you are here. April/ May is always the best time of year to see our oilseed rape in bloom, which is a delight to the eye.
Perhaps, if it's August/September, you will see Richard in the combine harvesting some of our crops. We will also guide you through our process of harvesting our rapeseed oil and give you a tour of our pressing room and bottling room, and of course we will have plenty of Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil for you to take home with you when you are ready to leave.
It’s difficult to say what else you will see as you just never know what is going to be happening on the day until you arrive! But we can guarantee that we will give you a farm walk, see machinery, and a walk around our pressing room, bottling plant, and our small gift shop where you can make a purchase.
We will give you a little bit of information about the Broighter Hoard and if you get us on a good day we might even point you in the direction of which field it was found in!! You may also want to explore and find about more about the Broighter Hoard, so a visit to the local Arts and Culture Centre, Limavady is a must, to see the hologram of the precious gold found.
Please note the following for your visit:-
- Please complete the Booking form.
- All visits must be booked in advance via email or telephone. (We are a working farm, bottling plant, and not all days will suit).
- No dogs or animals are allowed.
- We will need to know your date, time and number of tourists.
- We offer reductions for group visits.
- Oil and other goods can be purchased from our shop.
- No cameras/video cameras are allowed (unless authorised).
- We are a farm - so dress appropriately.
- It may also be cold and wet - we do live in Northern Ireland!
Please note that all tours are non changeable to another date, and non refundable. The vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other products at Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil.
We have many wonderful local places of interest that you will want to visit while in Limavady, and the surrounding area and we will of course point you in the right direction once you arrive. Depending on where you are traveling onto and if you want a local cafe or restaurant we have our favorites and we would be delighted to make a reservation for you.