Homemade Chicken Tenders
We all know there is lots of different ways to cook your own homemade chicken tenders, but this is my quick and simple version that we use here at home. Its also Gluten Free!
You could add chilli's, pepper, herbs, all to your flour but I'm keeping these as simple as I can for anyone who doesn't have lots of time in the evening.
- Broighter Gold Oil for shallow Frying (now you could spice it up and add chilli oil)
- Chicken fillets (sliced into even sizes or buy the chicken prepared)
- Cornflour roughly around 1 cup
- 1 beaten egg
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
If the Chicken is refrigerated, take it out before frying, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Get one bowl with the beaten egg
- Get another separate bowl with the cornflour, salt and pepper.
Heat just enough oil for shallow frying. The oil should be just medium-hot.
Add your chicken piece to the egg wash, then straight into your cornflour, coat well, and shake off extra flour off the tenders. Leave it then on a wire rack and repeat until you have a few done to fry at once.
Shallow fry the coated chicken tenders for about 3-4 minutes in medium heat, turning in between. Then follow the instructions again until all the chicken has been cooked half way.
- Once all is half cooked, put it all back in the pan and repeat until fully cooked, all depends on the size of your pan or fryer.
I pop them in a big serving dish and our kids just tuck in....