We all know there is lots of different ways to cook your own homemade chicken tenders, but this is my quick and simple version that we use here at home. Its also Gluten Free!
You could add chillis, pepper, herbs, all to your flour but im keeping these as simple as I can for anyone who doesnt have lots of time in the evening. The secret is just to be organised and have everything right beside you and your frying pan or deep fat fryer depending on what you are using. I tend to batch cook these, so get your frying pan really hot, add in around 5-6 depending on the size of your pan, cook half way then bring out onto a wire rack, add in the others fry off and it normally takes me about 3-4 cooks, then add them alll in together to finish off. Ensure they are fully cooked and no pink in the center.
- Broighter Gold Oil for shallow Frying (now you could spice it up and add chillii oil)
- chicken fillets (sliced into even sizes or buy the chicken prepared)
- cornflour roughly around 1 cup
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper for seasoning
If the Chicken is refrigerated , Take it out before frying, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Get one bowl with the beaten egg
- Get another separate bowl with the cornflour, salt and pepper.
Heat just enough oil for shallow frying. The oil should be just medium-hot.
Add your chicken piece to the egg wash, then straight into your cornflour, coat well, and shake off extra flour off the tenders. Leave it then on a wire rack and repeat until you have a few done to fry at once.
Shallow fry the coated chicken tenders for about 3-4 minutes in medium heat, turning in between. Then follow the instructions again until all the chicken has been cooked half way.
- Once all is half cooked, put it all back in the pan and repeat until fully cooked, all depends on the size of your pan or fryer.
I pop them in a big serving dish and our kids just tuck in....
Enjoy cooking and keep me posted! Leona @broightergold