Lacada Citra ale battered cod, wedges, smoked dulse and lemon Broighter Gold mayo
Lacada Citra ale battered cod:
- 4 x 175g pieces of cod fillet, bones and skin removed
- 375g sieved plain flour plus extra for dredging
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 500ml cold Lacada Citra ale
- Oil for deep frying
- Place the flour in a bowl and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- If you have a deep fat fryer set it to 180oc. If not, half fill a large sided saucepan with oil and use a digital thermometer to bring up to 180oc.
- Remove flour from freezer and sieve in the baking powder.
- Whisk in the ice cold ale to a thick batter.
- Dip the cod in some flour seasoned with salt and then coat in the batter.
- Place in the oil – do it in batches. Cook for about 8 minutes then drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remainder.
- 8 medium potatoes ( Maris Piper and Rooster are ideal)
- 2 tablespoon Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon seasalt
- Line a large roasting tin with parchment paper and set oven to 200oc.
- Scrub the potatoes, wipe dry on kitchen paper and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 wedges and place in a bowl.
- Add the oil and salt and mix well.
- Turn onto the tray and roast for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, soft in the middle.
North Coast Smokehouse Smoked Dulse and Broighter Gold mayonnaise:
- 2 Glenballyeamon egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 150ml Broighter Gold lemon oil
- 2 teaspoons North Coast Smokehouse Smoked Dulse
- Blend the yolks, mustard and vinegar in a jug blender for a minute.
- Slowly trickle in the oil until fully incorporated.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the smoked dulse.
Recipe created by Paula McIntyre for Taste Causeway