As most of you know we have a very close partnership with so many wonderful restrauants. We are delighted that Stephen and the team are willing to share some of their secret recipes with us! Make sure and tag Coppi Belfast and Broighter Gold!
Pappardelle Alla Norma with Fivemiletown Goat Cheese & Broighter Gold Garlic & Rosemary Oil & Burren Balsamic Vinegar (Serves 2)
300g Fresh Pappardelle or 200g Dried
1 Large Aubergine, Sliced Into Julienne & Salted Overnight
3 tb sp of the rosemary and garlic oil.
1 Shallot, Finely sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, Finely Sliced
1 Red Chilli, Finely Sliced
30mls Burren Balsamic Vinegar
2 Spoonfuls Chopoped Cherry Vine Tomatoes
2 Tb Sp Picked Basil Leaves
Squeeze & Zest of ½ Lemon
Salt & Pepper To Taste
2 Tb Sp Toasted Pine Nuts
50g Crumbled Goats Cheese
1 Tb Sp Caster Sugar
200mls Vegetable Stock
1. Rinse & pat dry the aubergine, heat a large wide based pot with 3 tb sp of the rosemary and garlic oil.
2. Add the shallot, garlic & chilli & sautee until softened but but not coloured.
3. In the meantime heat a shallot frying pan with oil and fry the aubergine until crisp & golden.
4. Drain the aubergine and allow to cool, add the tomato & sugar to the vegetable mix and sweat until broken down to a pulp.
5. Add the aubergine followed by the vegetabkle stock & season to taste.
6. Allow to stew until a thick relish/sauce is achieved.
7. Boil pasta in salted water until cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
8. Finish by adjusting seasoning, toss in the basil & top with goats cheese & pine nuts.
9. Add a drizzle of chilli oil over the top for a kick