Crispy chorizo stuffed Glenballyeamon eggs, smoked Broighter Gold aioli
- 12 small Glenballyeamon Eggs
- 25ml Broighter Gold oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50g finely diced Corndale Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 50g plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Glenballyeamon eggs whisked with 100ml milk
- 150g fine white breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes to hard boil.
- Cool under cold running water and peel.
- Cut in half and remove yolks a place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Cook the onion in the oil until soft and golden and add the chorizo. Cook for one minute.
- Mix into the yolks well with the parsley. Spoon back into the eggs and press two together. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Roll each in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture and roll in the crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in an electric deep fat fryer to 180oc or alternatively heat vegetable oil in a deep sided saucepan to 180oc (use a thermometer).
- Cook the eggs in batches for about 3 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
Smoked Broighter Gold aioli:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Glenballyeamon egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 75ml North Coast Smokehouse smoked Broighter Gold oil
- 75ml Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- Blend the garlic, egg yolks and vinegar in blender for a minute then add the oils in a steady stream.
- Check seasoning.
- Serve on the side of the eggs for dipping.