Our sunflower field has been a great success so far, with visitors already donating over £550 for the Air Ambulance NI, and we would like to say thanks to everyone who has already donated. If you’re quick you can still drop by and take some pictures in our field of gold before the sunflowers go over and you can give a donation towards the charity when you’re here. Make sure to wear suitable footwear though as the field can get a bit muddy!
- One fresh Sourdough loaf sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 100g Mushrooms
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Broighter Gold Garlic & Rosemary Oil
- 1tsp of chopped thyme (1/2tsp if using dried)
- 50g Mascarpone
- 100g cheese, I use medium cheddar but you can substitute with your favourite cheese.
- Turn on the grill to a medium heat
- Slice the mushrooms and add to a pan with 1tbsp of Broighter Gold Garlic and Rosemary Oil and the chopped thyme, fry for approximately four minutes over a medium heat until softened and starting to brown slightly. Add the chopped spring onion and cook for one minute more.
- Meanwhile grate your cheese and slice your sourdough bread.
- Toast the slices of sourdough and when ready spread with some local salted butter, pile each slice of sourdough with the cooked garlicky, herby mushrooms then dollop some mascarpone on top and finally sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Season with salt and pepper
It’s perfect on its own as a light lunch with a nice rocket salad on the side, drizzled with some balsamic vinegar.