Basil Dressed Avocado & Tomato Salad
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced
- Small handful sliced red onion
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons Broighter Gold Basil Infused Rapeseed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lime
Simply cut the items up and mix together in a serving bowl. This will keep for a couple of days in the fridge if it is well covered.
Thai Inspired Noodle Salad
- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 handful of frozen peas (thawed)
- ½ red pepper, finely shredded
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cm piece of ginger
- 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons Broighter Gold Thai Infused Rapeseed Oil
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Trim and finely slice the spring onions.
- To make the dressing, peel and finely chop the ginger, place into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Finely grate in the zest from 1 lime, squeeze in about 4 tablespoons of lime juice, then add the remaining dressing ingredients. Shake well.
- Combine the noodles, vegetables and spring onions, then mix in the dressing and toasted sesame seeds.
Patatas Bravas & Lemon Aioli
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- good pinch chilli powder
- pinch sugar
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
For the potatoes:
- 900g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
For the lemon aioli:
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 150 – 170mls of Broighter Gold Lemon Infused Rapeseed Oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of natural lemon juice
For the Aioli:
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush with a garlic press.
- Add the egg yolk, lemon juice and salt into a bowl with the mashed garlic and mix.
- Very slowly, and adding only a tiny drizzle at a time, begin to incorporate the Broighter Gold Lemon Infused Rapeseed Oil while mixing the garlic and egg yolk. Be sure to mix slowly so that the garlic and oil have a chance to blend well.
- Eventually, the mixture will begin to thicken, and you can add the oil a little more quickly. Once you have achieved the required consistency cover and refrigerate. The aioli should last a few days.
For the Patatas Bravas
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 mins until softened. Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, sweet paprika, chilli powder, sugar and a pinch of salt, then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 mins until pulpy.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Ensure that the potatoes are dry then put into a roasting tin, tossed in the rapeseed oil and some seasoning. Roast for 40-50 mins until crisp and golden.
- When you are ready to serve, move the potatoes into a serving dish and spoon over the tomato sauce, followed by the lemon aioli then sprinkle with some fresh parsley.