This recipe came from Pinch on nom, this is a classic French dish usually used ingredients only the French can get away with, so we have adapted things to make it easier to get our hands on during lockdown.
- 2tbsp Hickory Smoked Rapeseed Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 8 chicken thighs (skin and visible fat removed) or just use chicken pieces.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes peeled and deseeded (or just use plum tomatoes from a tin and chop)
- 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 glass of white wine
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon (or dried if you don't have fresh)
- Steamed greens, garlic fries, rice to accompany your dish.
- Add your Hickory smoked oil to a heavy based saucepan and lid. Add the chicken thighs and brown for 2-3 mins on each side, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the onion, garlic, cook for 3 mins, then add tomatoes and mustard, cook for 1 min.
- pour in stock, white wine, stir well and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and cover with lid, cook over a low heat for 25-30 mins or until the juices of the thighs run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Turn the heat up and bring the sauce to the boil for 6-8 mins or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Stir in the cream cheese and chopped tarragon, then return the chicken to the pan and warm through.
- Serve with steamed veg, rice or potatoes. I added Garlic Potatoes using our Garlic Infused Oil!