This recipe came from Pinch on nom,this is a classic French dish usally used ingredients only the French can get away with, so we have adapted things to make it easier to get our hands on during lockdown.
- Add your Hickory smoked oil to a heavy based saucepan and lid. Add the chicken thighs and brown for 2-3 mins on each side, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the onion, garlic, cook for 3 mins, then add tomatoes and mustard, cook for 1 min.
- pour in stock, white wine, stir well and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken pieces to the pand and cover with lid, cook over a low heat for 25-30 mins or until the juices of the thighs run clear.
- Remove the chiekn from the pan, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Turn the heat up and bring the sauce to the boil for 6-8 mins or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Stir in the cream cheese and chopped tarragon, then return the chicken to the pan and warm through.
Serve with steamed veg, rice or potatoes.
I added Garlic Potoatoes using our Garlic Infused Oil!