It’s Love Lamb Week. Here’s a quick recipe using Farm Quality Assured lamb mince - lamb meatballs and rigatoni pasta. NI lamb is a delicious and natural meat - give it a go! Recipe by Paula McIntyre MBE
- 400g lamb mince
- 25g breadcrumbs (or gluten free breadcrumbs)
- 1 small onion finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Broighter Gold oil ( basil works great here)
- 400ml passata
- 250g rigatoni pasta ( or any shape) (again could be Gluten Free Pasta)
- Fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan
- Mix the lamb, breadcrumbs, half the onion and egg yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper, and form into 12 balls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until hot and add the meatballs. Seal on all sides then add remaining onion and garlic.
- Cook until golden and add the passata.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Cook the pasta, drain and add to the meatballs.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with basil and Parmesan!