- 175g Self Raising Soda Bread Flour
- 30g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Broighter Gold Lemon Oil for frying(you could use plain or chilli oil!)
- 1 Egg (whisked)
- Approx 1 cup of milk (buttermilk is best, but I use ordinary milk and even semi skimmed) Add a little at a time!
- Whisk the egg
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Add the caster sugar and salt to flour.
- Add the egg, and a little milk at a time, until you get a nice consistency. Whisk on high power for 2 mins.
- Leave your mixture to stand for 5-8 mins. If it gets too thick, then just whisk in a little more milk.
- Heat your pan, add a little Broighter Gold Lemon oil to the pan, once the pan is to a medium temperature, you are ready to start cooking your mixture!
- Pour a little mixture onto the pan, once you see the pancakes bubbling, then turn them over.
Don't forget to share your photos on all our social media pages Broighter Gold!