- 500g "00" plus extra for dusting
- 4g Dried Yeast
- 5g Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil (try one of the infused oils)
- 365g warm water (under 20 degrees)
- 5g Fine seasalt
- Add luke warm water to a jug, and add in the yeast. Let the yeast sit for 10 mins then stir, make sure all dissolved.
- In your mixer bowl, add the flour and salt.
- Add your Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil to the yeast mixture, and combine.
- Now combine all your ingredients into your flour, and salt and mix. At this point I turn my mixer onto high, and get all the dough incorporated. You may need to switch your machine off, use a spatula and get all the dry ingredients, gathered together.
- Mix for 5 minutes, high. Then knead for a further 5 mins at low "2".
- Once all your ingredients are mixed, and formed a nice dough. Scrap it into the bowl and form a nice large round dough ball.
- At this stage put some more Broighter Gold at the bottom of the mixer bowl, and cover with a damp tea towel/cling film or a bees wax wrap. Leave for 3 hours at room temperature.
- Once your dough has risen and double in size, its time to make pizza balls! Flour your bench, knock our your dough, and knead for a further 5 mins. Now cut your dough into balls, and stretch and shape. Pinch and pull a little dough at a time, and make into a nice round ball.
- Get some cling, cover with a little rapeseed oil, to stop your dough sticking and then wrap each ball individually. Place them in the fridge and leave for 48 hours to slow prove.
- Lift out balls 2-3 hours in advance, of making pizzas. Then flour your surfice, and create your pizzas. I use a rolling pin, but can be hand pulled into shape!
(Few tips below)
- Don't let your salt and yeast touch as it will kill the yeast.
- Make sure your water is not boiling hot, or over 20 degrees again this will kill the yeast.
- At stage 7. You can now leave for 3-4 hours to rise, once risen, cook straight away. I prefer to let the dough to prove for longer. It also makes it easier to work with.
- At stage 9. You can now freeze your dough balls if you want. If you are using your dough that evening them just leave it out at room temperature to prove further. Or you can make some bread sticks or garlic bread using our garlic oils.
- Remember to leave your dough balls out at room temperature at least 2-3 hours before cooking, and also your tomato base.
- Oooni pizza oven is the Pro 3 cooking with wood. Temperature should be around 450 degrees or a pizza stone in the oven 240 degrees.
Dont forget to share your photos with us on social media tagging Broighter Gold!