Barbecued King Prawns with Charred Veg, Mango and Coriander Butter.
- 8 king prawns
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 heads of pak choi
- 50g of pickled ginger
- 100ml Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil or (30ml Broighter Gold and 80ml Thai Inspired Oil)
- 50ml sesame oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
- 1 mango
- 250g butter
- Dice the mango very finely and chop the coriander. Make sure the butter is softened then add to the mango and coriander - mix well. Using a piece of grease proof paper, roll the butter into the desired shape and place in the fridge.
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving the tail on. Slice the courgette into thin slices, chop the red onion into nice sized chunks, slice the pak choi length ways, drizzle the oils over the vegetables and add a squeeze of lime juice.
- To cook, place the prawns on the BBQ and baste with the rest of the oil and lime juice and sprinkle with coriander, char the vegetables.
- To serve, arrange the charred vegetables on a plate and top with the prawns, the heat will melt the butter and create a lovely sauce
Uluru Restaurant in Armagh, Chef Dean Coppard listed this recipe in the Flavour Magazine Summer 2012 Edition.