- 2 Aubergines trimmed and cut into 1 ½ cm half moons
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 cm knob Root Ginger chopped finely
- 2 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and chopped
- 1 Red pepper chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
For the sauce
- 150 ml Veg Stock
- 2 tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sherry
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Caster sugar or to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Cornflour
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set to one side.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan and fry the onion, garlic, chill and ginger over a medium heat for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in the pepper and cook for a min.
- Then add in the remaining oil and aubergine. Season and turn frequently cooking for 3 to 4 mins.
- Give the sauce a stir and pour into the pan stirring well.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 mins or until the aubergines are tender.
- Serve scattered with the spring onions and rice or noodles.