Carrot Cake made with Lemon Rapeseed Oil
- 8oz grated carrot
- 4oz chopped walnuts
- 6oz self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 4oz caster sugar
- vanilla essence
- 200ml Lemon Infused oil
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 200g Philadelphia
- 200g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- orange juice & grated peel
- Cream eggs & sugar together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add to the egg & sugar mix.
- Combine oil, vanilla, and fold into mixture gently.
- Add grated raw carrots, walnuts & mix.
- 8" round tin for a cake or 9" square tin to cut into fingers.
- Gas 4 - One and a hours approx. Cool
- Cream butter, and sugar together.
- Add cheese, grated peel & a little orange juice to make a soft, spreadable consistency. spread lightly over the top of the cake when cooled.
Add chopped walnuts for an extra crunch on the topping.