- 5oz Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 1oz Cocoa
- 6 tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 2 level tsp Baking Powder
- 6 tbsp Milk
- 5 oz soft brown sugar
- 1/2 level tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp rum
Oven Temp: 350 dgrs F/180 dgrs C
Cooking time: 45 mins
7"/8" baking tin
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Whisk egg yolks, milk, rapeseed oil and vanilla essence - add to dry ingredients and mix well
- Place mixture in greased baking tin
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes
- Remove cake from oven - Prick the top of it and drizzle with rum. Leave in the tin to cool.
- When completely cooled, turn cake out and cover with whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa if desired.