- 500g ciabatta bread mix 3 cloves garlic
- Chopped 3 tsp chopped rosemary
- 4 tbsp Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 230oC, gas mark 8.
- Mix the bread mix with a pinch of salt, the garlic and 2 tsp rosemary. Mix in 3 tbsp oil and 320ml lukewarm water to form a dough. Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Shape into a rough 22cm round and place on a large greased baking tray. Brush with a little cold pressed oil, sprinkle over the remaining rosemary and the salt.
- Cover with cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Press dimples into the bread with a wooden spoon handle. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and sounds hollow when the base is tapped.
- Drizzle over the remaining oil and allow to cool.
Ideal served warm simply with a dip of cold pressed rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar as a starter. This works just as well with standard white bread mix.