- 175g self-raising soda bread flour
- 1 medium eggs
- 35g castersugar
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Broighter Gold rapeseed oil + extra for frying (you could use our chilli oil or lemon oil)
- 100g fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the egg and honey then gradually whisk in the buttermilk and 1 tbsp oil to form a thick batter. Leave to sit for 5 mins.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Heat a little extra oil in a frying pan and using a tablespoon, spoon some mixture into the pan to make 4 pancakes. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat to make 12 pancakes.
For an extra healthy option, use self-raising wholemeal flour. Ideal drizzled with honey or maple syrup and scattered with fresh fruit.