- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 150g dried banana slices
- 100g sultanas
- 100ml Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 225g self-raising wholemeal flour
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Base line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Soak the tea bag in 300ml boiling water, remove the tea bag, then pour the tea over the fruit and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until pale and creamy, add the soaked fruit. Fold in the flour and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hours or until golden and cooked.
- Cool slightly before removing from the tin.
Simply serve warm with a cup of tea or with warm fruit compote for a dessert