- 350g mashed potato, seasoned with salt and white pepper.
- 50g smoked eel
- 1 fennel finely chopped
Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil Dressing
- 1 ripe lemon
- 1 dsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 100ml Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- Allow potatoes to cool then dust work surface with plain flour, roll potato until 1/2 cm thick. Cut with a 5cm cutter and fry in a non stick pan until lightly browned on each side.
- Break the eel into pieces (served not too cold) and place on the warm potato bread.
- Decorate with fine slices of fennel for texture. Dill also works well for flavour and add the dressing to finish the dish.
- Blend the zest and juice of 1 ripe lemon with 1 dsp of wholegrain mustard, tsp white sugar, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add 100 ml Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil in a steady flow while the machine still runs (not too fast as the mixture will curdle).
- Add a little warm water to thin down the consistency. Keep this dressing thick.