Saturated Fat: 13g
- 100g Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Small red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 125g halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A good handful of mint leaves
- Pitta breads and yogurt to serve
- Put the quinoa in a pan with 300ml of cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill and put the onion slices on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and 1 tbsp oil. Grill for 5 mins, stir, then add the tomatoes and cook until they are just softened.
- Cut the cheese into 6 thin slices. Cook them on a hot griddle pan, or under the grill for about 1 min on each side.
- Drain the quinoa, stir in the grilled tomatoes and onions and all the cooking juices on the baking sheets, along with another tbsp of rapeseed oil, vinegar and seasoning. Spoon into a bowl.
- Shred the mint leaves into the salad and stir in carefully.
- Arrange the cheese on top. Serve with pitta breads and yogurt.
Be careful the quinoa doesn’t stick to the pan near the end of cooking!