- 450g crab meat
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, coriander or dill
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 150g breadcrumbs
- ½ red pepper finely chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g butter
- Mix together the crab meat, 50g bread crumbs, spring onions, red peppers, herbs, paprika and lemon.
- Add the eggs and bind together.
- Spread the remaining 100g breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Shape the cakes into small rounds and coat well in the breadcrumbs.
- Allow to rest for at least 30 mins in fridge.
- Heat the butter and oil and fry the cakes until golden and crisp.
- Drain and serve with some chilli mayonnaise
- Blend ½ jar of grilled peppers with 1 de-seeded, chopped chilli
- 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp rapeseed oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp paprika and a dash of tobacco.
- Mix this with 125ml mayonnaise and 1 finely slice spring onion.