- 450g Crab meat
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, coriander or dill
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg mixed
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 150g bread crumbs
- ½ red pepper finely chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g butter
- Mix together the crab meat, 50g bread crumbs, spring onions, red peppers , herbs, paprika and lemon.
- Add the eggs and bind together.
- Spread the remaining 100g breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Shape the cakes into small rounds and coat well in the breadcrumbs on to a plate.
- Allow to rest for at least 30 min in fridge.
- Heat the butter and oil and try the cakes until golden and crisp.
- Drain and serve with some chilli mayo
- Blend ½ jar of grilled peppers with 1 deseeded chopped chilli
- 1 clove of garlic, 1 dsp rapeseed oil, 1 dsp lemon juice, ½ tsp paprika and a dash of tobacco.
- Mix this with 125ml mayo and 1 finely slice spring onion.