Every year in January we seem to go on the health drive! We get lots of Facebook messages about why you should use our Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oils.
I am going to try and explain the facts about our own products:-
- Rapeseed Oil is Rich in Omega 3, 6 & 9 and Vitamin E
- 10 times more Omega 3 than Olive Oil
- Half the Saturated Fat of Olive Oil
- Helps to Lower Cholesterol & Reduces Heart Disease
- Vitamin E & D (antioxidants) which contributes to anti-ageing, helps strengthen bones and the immune system.
- Cold pressed to extract the oil naturally—Nothing added or subtracted
- You can't get much closer than Limavady for Zero food miles
- Supporting small local food producers - GROWN HERE - NOT FLOWN HERE!
Basically, what all this means is that Rapeseed Oil is the perfect balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9. If you have too much Omega 6 compared to 3 - this is not good for you. If you read the AHDB website, it has a lot of facts about how it is proven to reduce cholesterol and heart disease.
Rapeseed Oil cooks to a higher temperature than olive oil and other fats, therefore, you can cook to 220 degrees and it won't burn! Perfect for stir-frying, roasting or baking. It is also perfect for salad dressing or drizzling.
DID YOU KNOW? (How to use it?)
- Unlike olive oil which smokes at 180 degrees - Rapeseed Oil has a higher cooking temp of 220 degrees . This means that your steaks are sealed in the hot pan without burning, your stir-fries won't burn, your meat won't stick to your BBQ and you don't have a strong over-powering taste of olive oil
- You can substitute for butter/margarine to bake your bread, chocolate/carrot cakes, soda farls and much more
- Makes the perfect roast potatoes - so crispy and golden in colour
- Actifry - Ladies/Gents at Slimming World/Weight Watchers etc as it has half saturated fat compared to olive oil
- 1 spray of Broighter Gold = 0.5 syn(Slimming World) or half a calorie
Thank you for reading. Why not sign up to our mailing list to keep you updated with all our upcoming events or tours.