- 3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1kg orange fleshed sweet potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/2 litre chicken stock
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, fry for a few mins, add garlic, cumin, turmeric and chilli and fry for a min longer.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for two mins, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the stock and season with salt, bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 20 mins – until sweet potatoes are melting/tender.
- Liquidise with hand blender.
- You can use feta cheese (3 oz) mixed with 5 oz Greek yogurt crumbled in a bowl and served spooned onto the soup.