Layered Tomato Salad using Broighter Gold Lemon Oil
- 1 x large beef tomato
- 1 x large plum tomato- 4 different variety tomatoes from my greenhouse (or just buy what you like the look of!)
- 1 handful of Herbs (pick what herb you like ie mint/basil/parsley) chopped up finely.
- 1 x red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 x cloves of garlic (chopped up finely)
- Half of a lemon
- 4 tbsp of Broighter Gold Lemon oil (or try our Basil oil for a change)
- Slice all the tomatoes in thin, similar thickness.
- Chop up your garlic, red onion and your preferred herb. So that you have it all sitting ready to use
- . Layer up each variety of tomato on a plate, then sprinkle with garlic, red onion, herb of choice and repeat on top of your tomatoes until you use up all your ingredients.
- Squeeze over your half lemon, and then drizzle the lemon oil over the top.
This is best left in the fridge for a few hours to get the flavours to work together. You can wrap it up and keep it for a couple of days. Enjoy!