Carrot cake with Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 175ml Rapeseed Oil (You could break this down and use 100ml plain oil & 75ml of Lemon rapeseed oil for extra flavour!)
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 3 carrots (Grated)
- 100g sultannas
- 1 orange zest
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg (grated)
- 50g walnuts (optional)
- Mix together oil, sugar and eggs.
- add carrots, sultanas and orange zest.
- sieve in flour, and add spices.
- mix well before adding walnuts.
- pour into a lined cake tin, and bake at 160 degrees (fan) 40 minutes.
- cool and top with cream cheese or icing.