This recipe is versatile and can be used as dips or added to pasta as a delicious sauce.
- 250g tomatoes
- 125g Kalamata olives pitted
- 10g dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25ml Broighter Gold Rapeseed Basil Oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Put the tomatoes on an oven tray and drizzle with Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil., herbs and half the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and place in oven for 1 1/2 hours until they have lost most of their juice - allow to cool.
- Put the tomatoes, olives and the rest of the garlic into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Check seasoning and add a little more oil to loosen if required. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four weeks.
Recipe from: Fiona Robinson, Linenhill Kitchen and Deli, NI 4 Kids, August 2014 Edition.