Without animal fat (a treat of your cholesterol is too high)
Calories per serving: 330 Fat per serving: 17g
- 175g(6oz) Plain Flour
- 2 level tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 level tsp Baking Powder
- 1 level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g (5oz) Caster Sugar
- 2 level tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 140ml (1/4 pt) Milk
- 140ml (1/4pt) Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- Icing sugar, mint leaves & raspberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 170c
- Mix together between two tins, greased and base line with baking parchment.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until the cakes spring back when lighly pressed in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins for 5 -10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool immediately.
- The cakes may be eaten plain or stacked and filled with your choice of filling, such as raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if you like.