Uluru - Armagh Chef Dean Coppard recipe from Flavour Summer Edition 2012.
- 16 baby octopus, 4-5cm long
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A few red chilli, roughly sliced
- Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Head Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 Limes, juiced
- 100ml Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Put the octopus in a bowl with the garlic, thyme and chilli. Add enough Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil to just cover the octopus, toss to mix. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinade for 4-6 hours if possible.
- Toss the cabbage, pepper, coriander, onions and carrots in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ginger and add to cabbage mix, stirring to coat. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Stir well before serving.
- To make the lime dressing, pour the lime juice into a bowl. Add the oils and whisk vigorously until thickened.
- Heat a BBQ or grill until smoking hot. Remove the octopus from the marinade and place on the hot grill. Cook quickly for a few minutes on each side until slightly charred. Cook in batches if necessary.
- To serve, arrange the napa slaw attractively on a large platter. Top with the cooked octopus and drizzle with the lime dressing.