- 500g strong white flour
- 20g dried yeast
- 10 g fine sea salt
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 2-3 splashes of Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 2-3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 cloves of garlic....finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Onion Topping
- 4 tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 3 Large Onions Sliced
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves
- In a large bowl combine the flour and yeast.
- Make a well in the middle and add the water and oil. Using a fork, bring the flour in from the sides and mix until it all comes together.
- Tip onto a floured worktop and knead for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the salt and knead for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Set in a warm place to rise for an hour - the hot press is ideal.
- After an hour, the dough should be doubled in size. Remove from bowl and knead again briefly. Shape into a round shape.
- Get baking tray and drizzle generously with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the dough onto tray and push fingers into dough several times making sure the oil from the tray comes up through the dough.
- Spread the garlic over the dough and push sprigs of rosemary into the holes. Season well with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle generously again with oil.
- Leave again to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. After dough has risen for the second time, bake for 20 minutes.