Carrot and Lentil Soup using Smoked Hickory Rapeseed Oil
7 x Small Carrots
1 x medium onion
1/2 bag of Lentils.
1 1/2 ham stock cubes plus hot water.
1 tbsp Hickory Smoked Rapeseed Oil
Salt and Pepper
- Chop up all the carrots into similar size chunks
- Chop up the onion and mix with the carrots.
- Preheat your saucepan and add the hickory smoked oil, then add your carrots and onion, stir to avoid your vegetables burning (you just want them softened), cook for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- Use approximately about half a bag of (washed) lentils, to your saucepan.
- Add your stock cubes to hot water and then pour over your vegetables/lentils. Season well with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- You can then magi-mix your soup - or leave it whole. But my kids prefer it like this!
Get lots of good food into them to keep the colds away!