- 200g brown & wild rice blend
- 2 sirloin steaks/lean beef (475g), cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil or try our Thai Inspired Oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 125g savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the beef and 5 spice powder together. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the beef for 3 minutes. Add the pepper and carrot and stir fry for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately on top of the rice.
Use brown rice mixed with some chopped spring onions as an alternative to the brown and wild rice blend.