Pea Soup using Hickory Smoked Oil
- 1 litre chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 kg frozen garden peas
- 2 tsp English mustard
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Smoked bacon (optional)
- Broighter Gold Hickory Smoked Oil
- Gently bring stock to a boil and add mustard powder, stir to combine.
- Add peas and blend with either a hand held blender or in a food processor.
- Put back into a pan and warm through and add seasoning to taste.
- Meanwhile grill the smoked bacon, thinly slice the baguette, drizzle with the Hickory Smoked oil and bake in a low oven 150 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Place soup in a bowl and drizzle with a little extra Hickory Smoked oil, top with shredded bacon and serve with baguette slices. (Cube up some baguette to make croutons).